Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin'[_1_] Melba's Jammin'[_1_] is offline

Default Hot tamales!

In article . net>,
"King's Crown" > wrote:

> > Couple questions for the panel: What kind of pork roast is used
> > effectively for the filling? What else goes on the plate when tamales
> > are on the menu? What I picture is a combination plate from El Loro
> > Restaurante -- frijoles, arroz, an enchilada or something. Is is a
> > *bad* thing to eat them unaccompanied? I don't know these things and am
> > curious.
> > --

> I make a mole' to go with mine. I like to serve them with refrieds and
> spanish rice and a nice green salad. Personally, I'd like to eat just about
> 3 or 4 heck 5 tamales all by themselves, but they are so freaking time
> consuming to make that I'll serve them with rice and beans to cut down the
> number of tamales needed in one sitting.
>
> Lynne

Kind of what I was thinking. These were already cooked from frozen so I
figured it was going to be one (might could've been two) meal. Oinked
out.. (And I learned on Friday evening that it's mole, not molé.)
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 2-4-2006, Masa