Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Ozzy[_1_] Ozzy[_1_] is offline

Default Has anyone tried Lipton tea lately?

"stePH" > wrote in news:1139200963.623860.283110
@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Pat wrote:
>> wrote:
>> > "Has anyone tried Lipton tea lately?"
>> >
>> > When hell freezes over maybe.

>> Wow, what a helpful response!

> If we're talking about the Lipton tea sold bagged in US supermarkets,
> said response is right on the money.

I agree, but as a matter of fact I had tried a Lipton's teabag just
recently. It was every bit as bad as I had expected, but I was permanently
disenchanted with the brand many years ago, when I first began to realize
that L.'s simply *would not* make as drinkable a masala chai as Taj Mahal,
regardless of the spices used nor the sweetnener nor the nature of the
lightener.

Ozzy