Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Rob[_2_] Rob[_2_] is offline

Default Has anyone tried Lipton tea lately?

Dominic T. wrote:

> Lipton is still pretty low on my personal list. I always hate to seem
> like a tea snob, it is just that the same money can buy me so many more
> wonderful teas from the asian market that it is hard for me to even
> consider Lipton. Even a change to Salada or Red Rose is a step above
> Lipton to me, so I really place it low. Any tea that I can't drink
> without adding sugar is at the bottom.

I agree with you. Lipton is by no means my favorite; all I am saying
is that it will do in a pinch. In the past, I might have said I'd
rather have nothing at all. I drank Red Rose for many years but got
lately I have gotten tired of it. It just seemed tasteless to me after
I'd been drinking Taj Mahal for a while. Maybe after some time away
from it, it will taste better to me, like the Lipton does.

I had another cup of Lipton this afternoon. It was not horrible, but I
didn't enjoy it as much as I did that first cup earlier in the day.
Maybe that first cup just exceeded my low expectations. I will
probably use the rest of the Lipton for iced tea. Iced tea seems to
taste pretty much the same no matter what brand I use, so I tend to use
whatever is cheap and save my money for more expensive teas that I like
to drink hot.