Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Dominic T. Dominic T. is offline

Default Has anyone tried Lipton tea lately?

Rob wrote:
> I've ben drinking PG Tips and Taj Mahal for quite a while now. I am
> not saying that Lipton is the best tea I've ever had, but what I had
> today was perfectly acceptable in a bind. And believe me, before this
> I would not touch any Lipton product with a 10-foot pole. Taj Mahal
> still remains my favorite because the price is right and it is a
> stronger brew than Lipton.

I wasn't sure if you had tried any of those or not, sorry I'm new
'round here. The Lipton we have in my office is bought weekly from the
grocery store next door. One box of decaf and one regular, so it is
fresh (as can be) and regular retail stock. I realy haven't noticed a
difference, not to say there hasn't been one, just that I haven't
detected it. I do think a lot of both coffee and tea companies have had
to get their stuff together and put out a little better product (or
market their old product as new and hip and "premium") to compete, but
Lipton is still pretty low on my personal list. I always hate to seem
like a tea snob, it is just that the same money can buy me so many more
wonderful teas from the asian market that it is hard for me to even
consider Lipton. Even a change to Salada or Red Rose is a step above
Lipton to me, so I really place it low. Any tea that I can't drink
without adding sugar is at the bottom.

- Dominic
Drinking: Chamomille Tea.