Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Rob[_2_] Rob[_2_] is offline

Default Has anyone tried Lipton tea lately?

mlbriggs wrote:

> > How long

> will tea keep as a general rule? MLB

It depends on the type of tea and how it is being stored. Fannings and
dust, which are used in tea bags, deteriorate more quickly than whole
leaves. The usual advice is to use it within one year of manufacture.

That being said, however, at other peoples' houses I have had tea made
from very old teabags - Red Rose and Tetley. I could tell they were
old because the packaging had been redesigned several years earlier,
and these were still the old design. I cringed when I saw that, but I
was surprised that the tea tasted just fine.

I had another cup of Lipton this afternoon. I did not enjoy it as much
as the first one from this morning. It is not as good as PG Tips or
Taj Mahal, but it still seems a lot better than I remembered it being
years ago.