Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ozgirl Ozgirl is offline

Default Can anyone invent me a couple of dishes

Quentin Grady wrote:
> This post not CC'd by email
> On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 19:39:21 +1300, Quentin Grady
> > wrote:
>
>>avocado,
>>bean; navy, pinto, small red, black
>>pea, Blackeyed;
>>broccoli raab; spinach
>>raspberry, cranberry, blackberry, strawberry
>>Brazil nut; pecans, walnuts, cashews, pistachios,

hazelnuts,
>>prunes; figs
>>bell peppers, orange, yellow
>>artichokes
>>lettuce,
>>oats
>>pumpkin, corn, potato.
>>
>>If you include cloves, turmeric, ginger, dried oregano,

freshly ground
>>black pepper you score bonus points.

> G'day G'day Folks,
>
> I'm a little overwhelmed with the recipes so far.
>

> Some of you BAKE.
> This is really scary.
>
> My idea of a recipe is
>
> One can of Craigs' bean and corn salsa.
> Add premium mince. Ignore what the supermarkets call it.
> Mix two teaspoons of cumin seeds, 6 cloves, 1/2 teaspoon

of black
> pepper, a pinch of dried oregano. Grind.
>
> Blend together with spoon that doesn't scratch your fry

pan.
> Heat until the mince is cooked.
>
> If you have only some of the spices, who cares.
>
> The hidden rules are there are TWO ingredients.
> That makes it a recipe. Then add spices.
> This gives the illusion you can cook.
>
> OK, folks, your ideas are brilliant. I'll consider them

all.

> At the moment I'm pounding away at chapter 6.

I am surprised at you wanting dried oregano rather than
fresh. Speaking of herbs, I saw purple basil for the first
time today. The smell is magnificent. It had a minty smell
as well as other smells, the label said aniseed and cinnamon
aroma. Whatever, it was really a smell sensation.