Posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic
jacquie[_1_] jacquie[_1_] is offline

Default Cola or diet cola?

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
news:VKLEf.363$In4.128@trnddc06...

"Donna in Texas" > wrote in message

<snip>

> Regarding the Diet Cola discussion, have any of you tried this Diet Coke
> with Lemon or Lime or Cherry? To me it tastes like floor cleaner. (I'm
> serious---like floor cleaner.)

The lemon seems to no longer be available here. It was okay. The cherry is
good, but too sweet. I can drink one can on occasion, but then I don't want
any more for a while. Love the lime! It's what I usually drink.

> I have tried the Coke Zero but couldn't even drink it beyond a few sips.

> also don't care for the new Diet Coke sweetened with Splenda. I think

those
> who like the regular sugared Coke might like it, but I'm so used to diet
> drinks that the Diet Coke with Splenda tastes too sweet. However, I like
> the Diet 7-Up with Splenda.

I haven't tried the 7-Up with Splenda but I hate the Diet Coke with it.
Daughter likes it though.

> Like some others of you, I used to drink Tab. I think I'd only be able to
> get it here in the large bottles, but I think I'll try it again. I also
> used to like Fresca but haven't drunk that in years. Maybe I'll try that
> again.

I don't like Fresca the way I used to. The new cherry kind is good, but
again too sweet and I can't drink much of it.

> Back in the mid-60s there was a drink that (I think) was no calorie and it
> tasted somewhat like weak ale. It had no alcohol and was just sold on the
> cola shelves. Does anyone remember what I'm thinking of? I think it may
> have even had the word "ale" somehow incorporated in the name.

Not sure what that would have been.

--
See my webpage:

Haven't tried the lime yet ...guess I should. I like Fresca ok...but I like
Diet Squirt better....it's refreshing in the summer.
jacquie