Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Dominic T. Dominic T. is offline

Default Industry Packed teas or loose teas?

STJones wrote:
> I have my own opinion about the difference and would request other tea
> lovers to share the idea...

It really isn't "snobbish" or whatnot to realize that there are major
differences, and most of the time the storebought teabags and teas end
up being much more expensive by weight when you figure it out. I was
just explaining this morning to a co-worker that the $89.99/lb. Kukicha
tea I was drinking was almost exactly the same price as the teabag she
was drinking.

I almost exclusively drink loose, fresh, tea and it doesn't cost me a
penny more than if I was not, in some cases it is cheaper. The quality
is much higher, I know what I am ingesting, and I can appreciate that.
Once you figure it out, it is like a revelation... it appears your
lightbulb just went on for good

- Dominic
Drinking: Sencha Green Tea