Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Space Cowboy Space Cowboy is offline

Default Industry Packed teas or loose teas?

A website vendor is getting his tea delivered by the same commercial
packaging you see on the shelves. I'll rank my choice of desired
packaging:

1. Nitrogen packs
2. Tins with aluminum seals
3. Paper with aluminum foil
4. Paper with cellophane
5. You won't see ziploc bags from a web vendor

A rupture is a rupture no matter the product. I think the big drawback
to vendors on the web is unknown storage. You can tell us the
commercial product that doesn't match your friend's estate and grade.
Commercial products are generally blends for a consistent specific
taste at a given price point. Estate teas are geographical and
seasonal with variation in taste and price. If I order popular estate
teas like Margaret's Hope from India, Lover's Leap from Ceylon, or
Milima from Kenya there's no guarantee they'll taste the same from
different vendors. You should be able to A/B the same estate tea from
the same vendor just like any commercial brand. I touched a couple of
bases here because I wasn't sure of your point. Don't doubt your
existence because you find something of the same you like better than
before.

Jim