Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
rick rick is offline

Default Can we do better?

"Dave" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> rick wrote:
>> "Dave" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...

>> snippage...

>> > I don't entirely agree with veganism precisely because
>> > I don't believe that all plant agriculture is necessarily
>> > better
>> > for animals and the environment than traditional mixed
>> > agriculture systems. I admire vegans for taking
>> > responsibility
>> > for their own consumer habits and avoiding the products
>> > they can not condone.

>> ===========================
>> No Dave, that's the point. They only take exception to meats.

> Not necessarily true. By definition vegans take exception to
> all animal source foods but some vegans may also take exception
> to specific plant source foods.

===================
None here, and that's the set I'm discussing, as I have told you
several times...

>> They care nothing about the rest of the foods they eat,
>> regardless of whether they they cause even more deaths and
>> suffering. If they could tell you which foods that they do
>> eat
>> cause more'less animal death and suffering then maybe you
>> could
>> really admire them.

> It is really hard to establish how much animal death and
> suffering
> each individual item in one's diet causes. It is much easier to
> follow simple rules and as simple rules go, avoiding all animal
> source products is relatively effective.

=========================
Prove it. That's the point. You cannot prove that being vegan
automatically means fewer animals die.
Vegans could DO some research on the subject, but instead they
prefer to just spew their hatred.

>> Instead, they have no idea waht impact they
>> have. All they have is the simple rule for their simple mind,
>> 'eat no meat.'
>>
>> If everyone did that the world would
>> > be a much better place.

>> ================================
>> Tell us how dave.

> If everyone took some responsibility for their consumer
> habits then the cost to humans, animals and the
> environment in producing conusmer goods would be
> reduced.

==========================
That doesn't explain how vegans do that dave, and you know it.
vegans have made no such choices or responsibilities.
Tell me how bananas are better than my grass-fed beef, dave. How
about rice? Tofu fake meats?

>> I've explained that the veagn here do nothing
>> but focus on meats. Not a one has ever told us which of the
>> foods they can eat cause more/less death and suffering. Why?

> See above.

Yes, see above. that's a cop out dave. Plain and simple, for
very simple minds.

>> Because ultimately they don't care about animals. It's all
>> about
>> the typical vegan hate for people.

> Ipse dixit.

but true. Tell us where they have provided proof that their diet
automatically is better than any diet that includes meat, dave...