Posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

Default Cola or diet cola?

"Richard Evans" > wrote in message
> (Gordon Burditt) wrote:
>
> >I was given the suggestion that eating an evening snack would make
> >my morning blood glucose *LOWER*. I didn't believe it, but I tried
> >it anyway. And it seems to work, by maybe 10-15 mg/dL.

> My experience is just the opposite: Anything with carbs after about
> 8:00 pm and my morning numbers are substantially *HIGHER*.

I have to have a bedtime snack. I usually eat it around 11:00 p.m.,
sometimes later if I had a late dinner, or if for some reason my numbers are
too high. I'm not normally in bed until somewhere around 1-3:00 a.m. I
have to eat about 30g of carb and an ounce of protein. If I eat less than
that, my BG will be too high in the morning.

--
See my webpage: