Posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic
RK RK is offline

Default Cola or diet cola?

"Larry Dow" > wrote in message
.142...
| "peanutjake" > wrote in
| s.com:
|
| > Last night I ordered a diet cola in a restaurant.
| > The rest of my meal was zero carbs.

ok, but there really is no such thing as "zero carbs"

| > The next morning my fasting reading was 30 points higher than
| > usual.

You're lucky.. that "might" be a tad bit of dawn phenomenon but
really doubtful, a 30mg rise isn't "that" much -- could be even within
meter variance.

| > I am beginning to think that the waitress served me a regular
| > cola.

You can't taste the difference?

| > This is my question.
| > Is the restaurant or waitress legally responsible if my health
| > was damaged by failing to serve me a diet cola as ordered?

Are you legally responsible for yourself? You are the one that
drank the coke. Diet coke and Coke have different tastes.. I'm
sure if you ordered a Budweiser and they brought you out a Miller
you would know the difference.

So, unless you can prove long term damage that one drink has
made upon you.. then nope.

I'm with Mack though.. Let me know when the law suit is -- I'll
be there for the waitress and resturant. -- Sorry.. to me this is
just making up excuses.. with DM, sometimes it's our fault, sometimes
it's just mother nature.. but never anyone elses. (Unless you're a child)

--
----
RK - Animas IR1250 pumper