Posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic
Larry Dow Larry Dow is offline

Default Cola or diet cola?

Ma¢k > wrote in
:

>>But, to answer your question, I would think that if you could
>>prove that they gave you the wrong thing, they would be liable.
>>
>>Larry

> good proving a regular soda served by mistake harmed you enough
> to cause damage and entitle you to compensation. if I get wind
> of where it makes trial, I speak on behalf of the waitress.
>
> damn frivolous law suits.

I have to agree with you. I didn't mean to imply that simply
having a high blood glucose would be cause for a suit. I just
meant that if something very serious occurred, the restaurant
would probably be liable. The chances of that happening are
pretty slim, but you never know. Try proving that you were given
the wrong thing. I don't think you could do it. It's always
better to pay attention and watch out for yourself. After a sip
of soft drink, if you think it's not the right thing, ask for a
new one. I was just giving a quick, simple answer to the question.
That was "Is the restaurant or waitress legally responsible if my
health was damaged by failing to serve me a diet cola as
ordered?" If there was damage, the restaurant probably would be
responsible. Didn't mean to upset anybody.

Larry