Posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic
Larry Dow Larry Dow is offline

Default Cola or diet cola?

"peanutjake" > wrote in
s.com:

> Last night I ordered a diet cola in a restaurant.
> The rest of my meal was zero carbs.
>
> The next morning my fasting reading was 30 points higher than
> usual.
>
> I am beginning to think that the waitress served me a regular
> cola.
>
> This is my question.
> Is the restaurant or waitress legally responsible if my health
> was damaged by failing to serve me a diet cola as ordered?
>
> PJ

I don't think it is very likely that higher blood glucose readings
in the morning have anything to do with what you ate for dinner
the night before. Our diabetes educator and diabetes nurse say
that, essentially, anything over 3 - 4 hours can be considered a
fasting blood glucose level.

But, to answer your question, I would think that if you could
prove that they gave you the wrong thing, they would be liable.

Larry