Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
rick rick is offline

Default Can we do better?

"Dave" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> rick wrote:
>> "

snippage...

>> > I don't entirely agree with veg*nism but I do admire veg*ns
>> > for
>> > taking
>> > some responsibility for their consumer habits. If everyone
>> > followed
>> > their example the world would be a much better place.

>> =====================================
>> ROTFLMAO That's a hoot!!! Tell us what those 'examples' are
>> dave. Not eating meat does not automatically mean a lesser
>> impact on animals or the environment! that's been the whole
>> point I've been making all along. Now, if you can prove that
>> it
>> does, be my guest. No one ever has yet, maybe you'll be the
>> first!

> I don't entirely agree with veganism precisely because
> I don't believe that all plant agriculture is necessarily
> better
> for animals and the environment than traditional mixed
> agriculture systems. I admire vegans for taking responsibility
> for their own consumer habits and avoiding the products
> they can not condone.

===========================
No Dave, that's the point. They only take exception to meats.
They care nothing about the rest of the foods they eat,
regardless of whether they they cause even more deaths and
suffering. If they could tell you which foods that they do eat
cause more'less animal death and suffering then maybe you could
really admire them. Instead, they have no idea waht impact they
have. All they have is the simple rule for their simple mind,
'eat no meat.'

If everyone did that the world would
> be a much better place.

Tell us how dave. I've explained that the veagn here do nothing
but focus on meats. Not a one has ever told us which of the
foods they can eat cause more/less death and suffering. Why?
Because ultimately they don't care about animals. It's all about
the typical vegan hate for people.