Old 31-01-2006, 09:16 PM posted to alt.food.wine
Ronin[_1_] Ronin[_1_] is offline

Default How much has corked wine affected your perceptions?

Thanks, I knew someone here would have the straight scoop! :-)

"Anders TÝrneskog" wrote in message

"Ronin" skrev i melding
Petite Syrah is a big wine as many California Zins. I think they have
traced the DNA to a grape called Durif, Hungarian in origin if memory
serves - I'm sure to be corrected here if that is not the place.

Correction!!!!!!!!!
Found the following: The Durif grape was developed by Dr. Durif, a French
nurseryman living in the south of France in the late 1800's. He created
this new variety by crossing the Syrah grape with the Peloursin variety.

Anders