Posted to alt.food.wine
Anders Tørneskog Anders Tørneskog is offline

Default How much has corked wine affected your perceptions?

"Ronin" > skrev i melding
> Petite Syrah is a big wine as many California Zins. I think they have
> traced the DNA to a grape called Durif, Hungarian in origin if memory
> serves - I'm sure to be corrected here if that is not the place.

Correction!!!!!!!!!
Found the following: The Durif grape was developed by Dr. Durif, a French
nurseryman living in the south of France in the late 1800's. He created this
new variety by crossing the Syrah grape with the Peloursin variety.

Anders