PENMART01

Default Please Help: "Uncured" Corned Beef

>(TheCatinTX) says:
>
>I bought a corned beef (which is red and looks like "normal" corned beef)
>from
>Whole Foods today. It was covered with frost, so I didn't notice the
>package
>says: "uncured".
>
>Does that mean it's not going to tasted like Corned Beef? Is there something
>could do to it before I cook it to help? Would "curing it" be the same as
>putting it in brine for a day or so?
>
>If anyone could help me, I would appreciate it.
>Thanks in advance. CatinTX

If beef is corned it's cured.... could be cured with just salt (NACL) and no
Nitrites, but it's still cured. But you say yours is red, so it is corned with
nitrites.

What brand is it... check for a Website, perhaps the company will offer an
explanation.

Then again it's Texas, maybe you misread the label and it actually says "beef
brisket (not cured)"... I don't think corned beef brisket exists in Texas, only
uncured brisket for Qing.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon