kalanamak

Default Using a magimix to knead bread dough.

MattStan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to make some chappatis (Indian flat bread made with chappati flour
> which is a blend of wheat and malted barley flours) and think I can use my
> Magimix to knead the dough (though I've never used the kneading attachment
> before), I also have a bread maker so don't do kneading when making bread.

Do you make chapatis by hand? One, I don't knead for 5 minutes, or it gets too
chewy. Two, if you do make them by hand, use the kneading machine to get the
same texture you get after you knead it by hand. Since my chapati flour is soft
WW with the bran out, gluten development is not the goal of chapati dough.
HTH
blacksalt