Posted to alt.food.wine
Timothy Hartley[_1_] Timothy Hartley[_1_] is offline

Default Sauvignon blanc

In message >
"Nils Gustaf Lindgren" >
wrote:

> "Timothy Hartley" > skrev i meddelandet
>> In message >
>> "Nils Gustaf Lindgren" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello;
>>> No Mike, that is not so - as I pointed out, Smith haut Lafite is all
>>> Sauvignon (95 % blanc, 5 % Gris)
>>> and a lovely drink BTW, if pricey.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Nils Gustaf
>>>

>> According to Cocks & Feret planted with 90% Sauvignon blanç 5% gris &
>> 5% Semillon - and therefore almost certainly blended in any year so,
>> as the lawyers say when they are being rude, with the utmost respect,
>> neither Mike's point nor mine is traduced by that example.

> With all due respect - please view www.smith-haut-lafitte.com/ where you
> will find that the white SHL from 1997 till 2002 in all cases have the same
> mix - 95 blanc, 5 gris. The fact that they also cultivate semillion is
> neither here nor there, as the domaine is large and has several other (no
> doubt excellent) wines.
>
> Really, I wouldn´t (especially after MikeT had made a comment, and MikeT´s
> knowledge about wines is damn near encyclopedical) post a disagreement
> without checking up - from the horse´s mouth, as it were.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Nils Gustaf

Point taken about some years - my humble apologies - I only went to
the horse's back end and we know what you get there, even if you don't
get kicked! However the point remains that semillon is planted andused
from time to time - see for example 2001 where the site you quote
http://www.smith-haut-lafitte.com/us...p_shl_B01.html
shows the full 5% of semillon used for the white Smith Haut Lafitte.
2004 seems to have been the same.

Cheers

Tim Hartley