Posted to alt.food.vegan
rick rick is offline

Default Beatles used to enrich colour of "natural" Fruit juices??!!

"Bong" ...)> wrote in message
> Did anyone catch the news on Saturday? A number of products
> were profiled, including a very popular brand of juice in a
> carton and also a rather long list of sugar treats. This brief
> news item on TV indicated that FDA was considering more
> stringent labelling in order to ensure the identification of
> this extract made from crushed beetles to enrich the colouring
> in some juices, candies, etc. The commentator specifically
> mentioned, "Vegetarians will be rather interested in knowing
> this..." The purple colour for a candy-covered treat was also
> mentioned. What I would like to know is the ingredient's
> name--what are the trade names or generic names--for this
> beetle extract, ...so that I can avoid it. Anyone see the
> news release or know of this color-enhancer name?

The typical hand-wringing of a waanbe vegan loon. You'll search
for micro-grams of animal bits in food,
and yet here you are on usenet, contributing to the killing far
more real animals, and for no more reason
than your entertainment. Can you say hypocrisy, killer? Sure, I
knew you could..