Posted to alt.food.vegan
Bong Bong is offline

Default Beatles used to enrich colour of "natural" Fruit juices??!!

Did anyone catch the news on Saturday? A number of products were profiled,
including a very popular brand of juice in a carton and also a rather long
list of sugar treats. This brief news item on TV indicated that FDA was
considering more stringent labelling in order to ensure the identification
of this extract made from crushed beetles to enrich the colouring in some
juices, candies, etc. The commentator specifically mentioned, "Vegetarians
will be rather interested in knowing this..." The purple colour for a
candy-covered treat was also mentioned. What I would like to know is the
ingredient's name--what are the trade names or generic names--for this
beetle extract, ...so that I can avoid it. Anyone see the news release or
know of this color-enhancer name?