Posted to alt.food.wine
Nils Gustaf Lindgren[_1_] Nils Gustaf Lindgren[_1_] is offline

Default Sauvignon blanc

"Mike Tommasi" > skrev i meddelandet
> Nils Gustaf Lindgren wrote:
>
>> Really, I wouldnīt (especially after MikeT had made a comment, and
>> MikeTīs knowledge about wines is damn near encyclopedical) post a
>> disagreement without checking up - from the horseīs mouth, as it were.

> Dear Scandic friend
>
> Since you have become a part-time resident of the "Sud-Est", you have
> picked up some of that Marseillais (for an international audience: Texan)
> gift for exageration: I know next to nothing about white Bordeaux... I do
> not like most of them, and those that I do like tend to be severely
> deformed by botrytis or excessive age :-0

Good friend Mike:
I spent two summers in the Republic of Ireland, at the tender and
impressionable age of 19 and 21.
I passed within kissing distance of the Blarney stone.
And I am well aware of your sweet tooth when it comes to wine.
But I really think you might like the SHL white ... if you havenīt tried it
already and found it wanting ...
Personally, I preferred it to some Sancerres (white of course) which I found
had an aggressive acidity.
The style is of course totally different, so comparing the one to the other
is a bit apples/pears.

And tonight, a white Bourgogne "severely deformed by ... excessive age".

Cheers

Till dess

Nils Gustaf
--
Respond to nils dot lindgren at drchips dot se