Posted to alt.food.wine
Nils Gustaf Lindgren[_1_] Nils Gustaf Lindgren[_1_] is offline

Default Sauvignon blanc

"Timothy Hartley" > skrev i meddelandet
> In message >
> "Nils Gustaf Lindgren" >
> wrote:
>
>> Hello;
>> No Mike, that is not so - as I pointed out, Smith haut Lafite is all
>> Sauvignon (95 % blanc, 5 % Gris)
>> and a lovely drink BTW, if pricey.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Nils Gustaf
>>

> According to Cocks & Feret planted with 90% Sauvignon blanç 5% gris &
> 5% Semillon - and therefore almost certainly blended in any year so,
> as the lawyers say when they are being rude, with the utmost respect,
> neither Mike's point nor mine is traduced by that example.

With all due respect - please view www.smith-haut-lafitte.com/ where you
will find that the white SHL from 1997 till 2002 in all cases have the same
mix - 95 blanc, 5 gris. The fact that they also cultivate semillion is
neither here nor there, as the domaine is large and has several other (no
doubt excellent) wines.

Really, I wouldn´t (especially after MikeT had made a comment, and MikeT´s
knowledge about wines is damn near encyclopedical) post a disagreement
without checking up - from the horse´s mouth, as it were.

Cheers!

Nils Gustaf