Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default New way for cooking eggplant

Nicky > wrote:

: "ankalime" > wrote in message
: oups.com...
: > I've done that with peppers of course, but never thought to do it with
: > eggplant. It sounds delicious... What is preserved lemon?

: It's a Moroccan idea - you can make them yourself by packing lemons and salt
: in a jar, leaving it a few weeks, then rinsing the brine off before you use
: it. It makes the lemons less astringent and a little bit spicy, somehow -
: and has big advantages nutritionally, because you eat the rind and all. I
: use it often, for a little bit of lemon in all kinds of savoury dishes.

: Nicky.

: --
: A1c 10.5/5.4/<6 T2 DX 05/2004
: 1g Metformin, 100ug Thyroxine
: 95/73/72Kg

How much do you use? I found the one time I used a bought one that it was
so salty the dish was almost inedible.

Wendy