Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
Alfred J.

Default Alice B. Toklas te amo, estilo Oaxaqueno

Yerbabuena used in Oaxacan cooking?

III. Los mezcaleros saborean un caldo de pata de res "con su mezcal".
Su secreto:
Un caldo de gallina criolla criada en casa servido con yerbabuena,
cilantro y chile rebanado, o huevos revueltos en salsa de chile
taviche, acompaņados de tlayudas y rematados con un trago largo de
mezcal.

III The mezcaleros savor a broth of leg of beef"with their mezcal". Its
secret: A broth of homemade Creole hen served with marijuana, cilantro
and sliced chile, or scrambled eggs in sauce of chile taviche,
accompanied by tlayudas and finished off with a long drink of mezcal

Dang it! I ate a Oaxacan tlayuda once, on the corner Hollywood and
Western, but I didn't know to ask for yerbabuena to flavor it...