Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Andrea2

Default New way for cooking eggplant

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 12:58:57 -0000, "Nicky"
> wrote:

>Forgive me for posting the obvious, if you've known this all along - but
>I've just found the easiest, quickest and most delicious way to cook
>eggplant (aubergines).
>
>All you do is to cook the whole eggplant on a gas flame, turning it until
>the skin is blackened all over and the eggplant has shrunk a little. Pop it
>into a bag and let it steam until it's cool enough to handle; pull the
>blackened skin off with your fingers.
>
>The whole process takes only about 5 minutes, and you're left with lovely,
>smoky flesh. I've been mixing it with a little preserved lemon, for a
>low-carb, low-fat, high taste meal.
>
>Nicky.

That is how my Japanese mother fixed them. After removing the skins
she cut them into long strips and ate them with soy sauce, ground
ginger root and a dash of red pepper.

I sometimes fix them that way when I have the grill going. Other times
I put them in a hot oven. I always use the Japanese eggplant, long
skinny ones, I don't think the big round ones would cook in the
middle.

Andrea2