Posted to rec.food.baking
Dave Bell

Default Birthday Cake report

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006, Bob (this one) wrote:

> > She sounds like a real sweetheart. How old is she? The thought of
> > parenting a daughter terrifies me. Stories like yours make me want
> > one, though.

> She's the center of my universe. And she's growing up which means we can
> share more sophisticated ideas, and she's growing away, which is
> inevitable as she begins to shape her own life, which means she
> approaches and avoids...
>
> She's more fun than most adults and her sense of humor and mine
> intersect most wonderfully.
>
> She's 14, a freshman in high school, pretty, graceful, articulate and
> generally attractive to boys. A couple seniors have indicated interest
> and I only had to threaten one for both to understand that she's too
> young for them and their intents. But she much likes their attention...
>
> So I'm a daddy of an utterly unique child - just like every other kid...
>
> <LOL> Her dacquoise drew a few teachers into that classroom and the
> principal found his way there before it was gone. Kind of culinary
> telepathy...
>
> Pastorio

Bob, as the proud father of three girls in the same age range (13, 13, and
15), I can say you speak for a lot of us! And they are indeed unique...
One is my baking and cooking companion, and I'm thankful for at least one
to be. Another loves math and all things techie, and has great confidence
in her ability to handle *anything* she puts her mind to. (Now, with a few
more years of common sense, she could do great things!) The third is just
a lovely, every girl-next-door princess. All beautiful, all different, and
all very special...

Dave