Posted to alt.food.wine
Ed Starren

Default Sauvignon blanc

Daisy,

In France the grape is also called Sauvignon Blanc. I't's the grape of the
river Loire in the northwest of France. Famous Sauvignon Blanc wines are
Sancerre and Pouilly fumé. But also in the south of France grows the
Sauvignon Blanc grape. The degree of acidity is for the Sauvignon Blanc
grape in France much higher then in New Zealand.

A famous winemaker of Sauvignon Blanc is: Domaine Henry Pelle, look at:
http://www.henry-pelle.com/

Greetings

Ed out of Holland
weblog: www.wijnerij.web-log.nl