Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

Default REQ: Beef Chuck Cross Rib Roast

On Thu 26 Jan 2006 10:14:25p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Edwin
Pawlowski?

> "Dan Abel" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> I didn't mean a way to cook it like prime rib. Just a good recipe for
>>> tender meat. Is that impossible?

>> Pretty much. This is a tough cut of meat.

> Pot roast it. Very tender. Tender as prime rib, but a different flavor.
> There is no such thing as a tough cut of beef if cooked properly. Come
> over and try my brisket sometime.

I agree. If it's tough, then either the method and/or timing is wrong.

I always seem to get hung up on the term "pot roast", immediately
associating it with a pot roast and potatoes, carrots, celery, onions,
etc., while I really do know that pot roasting is a method. Probably the
best one for the cut of meat I bought.

Thanks!

--
Wayne Boatwright ożo