Posted to rec.food.cooking
Donald Martinich

Default REQ: Beef Chuck Cross Rib Roast

In article 9>,
Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> I just bought one of these at Costco that weights in at just under four
> pounds. Does anyone have a recipe that turns this into a fork-tender cut? I
> know I could make pot roast with it, but that's not what I want.

I do these fairly often. They're one of the better beef roast buys
around my part of the world (Sac. CA). Just season it and roast it at
325 to 350F. until it's where you like it on the rare-well continuum.
They are not as tender as filet, but if you slice thin they are just
fine. They are not fatty but still flavorful.

D.M.