Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Dick Adams

Default Thanks for everything, Carl, but...

> wrote in message ps.com...
>
> > Dick Adams wrote: So, thanks for everything, Carl, but when it comes
> > to sourdough for the masses, you never got beyond the start.

> I had a quick look at Carl's site the other day your name is mentioned
> there. What happened?

What happened was this: Carl figured out a way to prepare a start that
always revived vigorously. Then he died, but some kind folks continued
sending out starts prepared in his way. No matter, some idiots take offense
that they cannot make bread with Carl's starts to suit their taste, and stupidly
complain about that in posts to this newsgroup.

> wrote in message ups.com...

> Someone was kind enough to send me a good selection of starter from
> SDI. I've had some for about a year all kept together in the same part
> of the fridge. They are all still quite different from each other and I
> haven't noticed any drift either.

I doubt if you're the kind of guy who notices much. What do you notice?
That they all sit there and look like wads of damp decrepit dough?

> wrote in message oups.com...

> > (I suspect there is more talk...

> You seem to do a lot of that Dicky : -)

I mince no words. You're an asshole! Why don't you go to rec.bodyparts.asshole
with the name
?

--
Dicky