Old 26-01-2006, 05:53 PM posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Pat

Default Twinings UK vs. Twinings USA - is it just me?

mlbriggs wrote:
On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 11:17:10 -0800, Pat wrote:

mlbriggs wrote:

Would you share your on line sources? I'd love to find some really tasty
Earl Gray. The Red Rose tea I find at Albertsons is, in my opinion,
tastier than Twinings. I'll admit to aging tastebuds, but would still
like to try to find something I really enjoy. MLB

The best prices I've found are at: www.britishtea.com. They've got an
extensive selection of teas from Great Britain and Ireland. I used to
drink Red Rose all the time, but I sort of lost my taste for it after I
started drinking the British teas on a regular basis. I find now that
I don't like anything that comes in an American-style string and tag
tea bag. There just isn't enough tea in them. I have to have the
Britsh style bags, which all have 2.5 to 3 grams per bag, vs 2 grams in
the US style.

Britishtea.com has the UK Twinings selections. I like their Earl Grey,
but there are plenty of other brands to choose from as well.