The Old Bear

Default Key Lime Pie

(MelissaT) writes:

>From:
(MelissaT)
>Newsgroups: rec.food.baking
>Subject: Key Lime Pie
>Date: 7 Nov 2003 08:38:52 -0800
>
>I just got married less than a month ago, and I have discovered a
>newfound love for cooking I did not have before. As the holidays are
>approaching, I was wondering if anyone has a good recipe for key lime
>pie. Thanks a lot

Key Lime Pie

The famous Florida dessert, Key Lime Pie originated in
Key West. This recipe will make a nine-inch pie.

Pie Crust

1 cup graham crackers
5 tablespoons melted butter
2 tablespoons granulated sugar

Combine cracker crumbs, butter and sugar. Mix well and
press firmly into a pie dish. Place in freezer. (May be
prepared a day in advance.)

Filling

4 egg yolks
1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
3 oz. key lime juice
1 cup whipping cream

Beat egg yolks. Add sweetened condensed milk and mix
well. Blend in Key Lime juice, a little at a time, until
mixture is smooth and creamy.

Remove pie crust from freezer. Pour filling mixture
into pie crust. Bake in pre-heated 350o oven for ten
minutes.

Remove from oven, allow to cool and place in
refrigerator. When chilled, beat whipping cream until stiff
and top pie. Garnish top with a few finely chopped pecans
or macadamia nuts.