Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Dominic T.

Default Earl Grey

Joshua Tea wrote:
> I've seen the statistic again and again about Earl Grey being one of
> the most popular flavored tea blends in the world, and I've tried to
> give it a go (really I have) and it's just a little much for me. I
> could see if being appealing if there was just a touch of bergamot, but
> the blends I have come across seem to be drowned in the stuff. Does
> anyone have any recommendations for a subtle but interesting Earl Grey?

What brands/types have you tried? I hooked my mother on Earl Grey tea
and I am always buying her different types to try out when I come
accross them. A lot of the teabag Earl Grey's are artificially flavored
or have lemon flavoring which is not so hot. I generally buy her a
decent mid-grade quality loose Earl Grey from a local coffee shop. I
don't think they have it branded, but I'll check for you. (It's called
"Fortune's" in the strip district in Pittsburgh, PA) I've found Earl
greys with Ceylon tea, Oolong Tea, Green Tea, white tea, and Black tea.
The green tea and white tea was terrible, the others were all decent.
Adagio has a tea called "Earl Grey Bravo" which looks very good and is
very reasonably priced, I am planning on buying this next for my
mother.

- Dominic
Drinking: Still working on my Shirakiku Sen-Cha