Peete

Default Need Help Modifying a Quick Bread Recipe

Greetings:

Today I tried a recipe for a wheat-raisin quick bread. Altho it
turned out close to what I feel the recipe was meant to be, there are
some items Id like to adjust to make this a possibly better bread.

Altho Im a excellent cook I really cant bake to save my life so
modifying a recipe such as this is beyond my expertise. Any help
would greatly be appreciated.

The original recipe is as follows:

1 Lg Potato
2 Tbsp Honey
1 C Whole Wheat Flour
1 C Unbleached Flour
2 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Cream Tartar
3/4 C Rolled Oats
1/2 C Raisins

It was an easy recipe to put together,,,baked at 375 for about 35
minutes.

What Id like to change is the the following:
A] dryness of finished product--would like a moister bread if
possible--possible to add a liquid of some sort??
B] tasted as if their may have been too much baking soda,,,is it
possible to adjust this??
C] the taste was was a bit bland--would maybe adding a pinch of salt
help this?? how much??
D]Id like to make it just a tad more sweet--would the adding of salt
help bring out he sweeetness or maybe more honey??
E] the bread was a bit "heavy" think this may be due to the wheat
flour and oats---is it possible to "lighten" it??

I kno trial and error would be the best to try,,but seriously Im not
sure what adjustments would do what and since my resources are very
limited I would like not to "waste" food porducts.

Your suggestions would be awesome,,,btw if you have any other quick
bread suggestions that would kewl too,,,Im always attempting to
sharpen my limited baking skills.

Thanks for your time )

PEACE!!