Posted to rec.food.cooking
kilikini

Default Least fishy tasting fish?

"Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" > wrote in message
> "kilikini" > looking for trouble wrote in
> :
>
> Maybe I've never had it done right then. I know what you mean by the
> "taste" thing. The farm raised is better than the 'caught' catfish but
> it's not much better. Years ago we were spending a couple of weeks on

Lake
> Sally in Wisconsin. The fishermen/women would toss these huge catfish

back
> if they caught one. Said they were bottom feeders and no one would eat
> them. Now I like fresh caught perch, trout, blue gill and a couple of
> others I can't think of right now. Trout, tilapia, halibut, swordfish are
> among my faves. I love a real thick halibut or sword filet off the grill.
> Almost tastes like steak.

Yep, I like farm raised better as well.

My fav. fish is (in order): Ahi, Ono, Mahi-Mahi, Onaga (Red Snapper),
Tilapia, Orange Roughy, Halibut, Salmon, Swordfish, U'a (Marlin) & Shark.
What can I get here in Cesspool, Florida? Tilapia. Other than that, most
everything else is stuff I've never heard of, but it's fresh water fish -
which I never cared for anyway.

kili