Posted to rec.food.cooking
kilikini

Default Least fishy tasting fish?

"Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" > wrote in message
> OmManiPadmeOmelet > looking for trouble wrote in
> :
>
> > In article 9>,
> > Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> On Mon 23 Jan 2006 04:38:38a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
> >> BoboBonobo?
> >>

> >> Food Snob!

> > Indeed... ;-)
> > Catfish is delicious either pan fried in spiced cornmeal, or grilled
> > with a bit of lemon pepper and garlic. ;-d

> I don't like catfish either. I don't care for the taste. That's just me
> and I am a fish lover. I had catfish nuggets once which I sorta liked.
> They were deep fried and I drowned them in hot sauce.
>
> Michael

I'll bet you'd like TFM's then, Michael, 'cause I'm a fish lover and won't
eat any catfish that he didn't cook. Somehow, he gets that "taste" out of
it. A little buttermilk, some cornmeal mix, add some garlic, deep fry, toss
in a lemon wedge and it's good! Since we do catfish nuggets frequently, I
thought I'd try some at the Golden Corral last weekend. You know, I thought
maybe I acquired a taste for it finally. Nope! Oh my God were they awful!
I can only eat them TFM's way; he does it right.

kili