Posted to rec.food.baking
-L.

Default Birthday Cake report

I made a "finding Nemo" Birthday cake for my son's birthday and
decorated it using marzipan to make sea weed, coral and sea creatures.
I am pretty pleased with the way it turned out, but next time will
color the marzipan before forming it, rather than painting it with food
coloring. This is only the second time I have worked with marzipan,
and although I am pleased with the results, I felt it could have been a
little more moist and pliable than it was - I didn't have time to
hydrate it more, so just used it as it was. I also am thinking of
taking a cake decorating course to learn more technique, as I am sort
of flying by the seat of my pants. Here's a photo for anyone
interested:

http://photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

-L.