Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Pu-reh advisor sort!!!!!

> I'm literally tea total, but have till very recently stuck to basically
> Assam, Darjeeling, English Breakfast and the occasional Gunpowder or Orange
> Pekoe. ( my current supplier is a certain Chelsea based shop).

I was just going to mention to you, without any malice, that Chinese
tea is not as easy as it sounds. Its a distance from English Breakfast,
a rather long and winding road perhaps. I am not sure what people say
is the best way to discover tea, but I am not sure aged/ageing Pu-erh
is the best option. Personally I started with reading a very novice
book, which is brief and sometimes a little wrong but it has a purpose,
this is "The Way of Tea" by Master Lam Kam Cheun (ISBN 1-85675-143-0).

> I recently tried a few different teas, and found the Pu-reh just
> palatable,(young and brand not recalled) but was attracted by its aging
> properties

It is really rather hard to get good tea in the UK, I know, if you want
a real taste you should always try and order from China.

Good luck!

--
VL