Posted to alt.food.diabetic
ankalime

Default Rec: Beef & Scallion Sushi

Pete Romfh wrote:
> If you think Sushi is just raw fish and rice you need to try this version.
> No raw fish, no rice, low carbs, and delicious.

These *are* delicious. My mother (who is Japanese) made them for me at
Christmas as a low-carb treat. I didn't think to ask for the recipe.
Now I have a recipe and can make them for myself! Thanks Pete!

Technically it isn't sushi. Sushi, by definition, is rice with vinegar
and other ingredients. But since it is a roll (maki) as are some of the
familiar forms of sushi (temaki, futomaki, etc), I can see why someone
might refer to it that way. But a rose by any other name, etc. etc.
etc. :-)

Cindy