Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,talk.politics.animals
Glorfindel

Default two PETA employees charged with 31 felony counts of animal cruelty

SlipperySlope wrote:

> Glorfindel wrote:

>> This is obviously an unusual episode,

> You have no way of knowing that.

I do from PETA's record in general. You have no
way of knowing otherwise. Clearly, the
individuals involved acted on their own strange
initiative for some reason. It would make no
sense for PETA to dump animal bodies in trash
bins as a policy. If there were any question about
their procedures, that would be the surest way to
bring the issue to public attention.

As I noted in another response, every humane group
has this type of blunder occur at times. The
public (and the employees and volunteers) always have
a very ambivalent attitude toward euthanasia, and
the careless people who allow their animals to breed
and produce these unwanted animals are always quick
to blame the humane groups who get stuck with the
results. As I said to Westley -- why not attack the
factory farming industry? They have a 100 per cent
death rate, and they intend it it that way; they also
keep their animals in extremely inhumane conditions.
Yet people like Westley are eager to attack PETA,
which is trying to make a positive difference, and is
doing good work.

<snip>