Posted to sci.agriculture,sci.skeptic,alt.food.vegan
Oz

Default Coming Soon to a Paddy Near You: Frankenrice !

David Hare-Scott > writes

>True there are no certainties but given the amount of time we have been
>doing it and the number of cases of development of new varieties through
>selective breeding mean that we have reasonable confidence in the kinds of
>results that will be obtained.

Hardly...

Toxic potatoes (solanins)
Eczema celery (psilorins)
Lethal courgettes (cucubins)

have all been bred in in recent decades and have come to market or very
nearly so (potatoes). These are just the ones one hears about.

--
Oz

Use functions].
BTOPENWORLD address has ceased. DEMON address has ceased.