Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,talk.politics.animals
John Wesley

Default If I Had $40 Million

In article >, says...

> He is your chattel property under the law. You have
> legal authority to do almost anything you want to him,
> short of what is seen as "unnecessary" cruelty ( similar laws
> applied to human slaves).

Bull crap. They beat the living snot out of slaves on a daily basis.
If they ran away they cut the fronts of there feet off so they couldn't
run. They worked them in the fields until they dropped. Our animals
are treated 10 times better than most slaves.

> You have the legal authority
> to have him killed if you wish.

Euthanized if he is sick yes. Killed no. If I shot him I would be
arrested.

> You can dispose of him
> to any other person by sale, bequest, or gift.
> How is he
> not a slave?

Slaves are human. Dogs are not human. They can't survive for long on
there own (especially mine, he is a chihuahua, hed freeze to death).
They need us.

When I was a child I worked on my dads farm. I had no choice. I just
did it. I got food and a nice house to live in. I had loving parents
that took care of me. I couldn't leave. Was I a slave? no and neither
is my dog. Hes like my kid. I take care of him and do whats best for
him.

Anyone who thinks a dog is a slave needs to have his head examined by a
professional.