Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Dutch

Default does anyone else identify with this?

<dh@.> wrote
> On 18 Jan 2006 10:46:25 -0800, "Dave" > wrote:

>>I am merely trying to broaden the consideration to all animals

> No. You are trying to get livestock removed from any consideration.

No, he has validly challenged you to explain why we should consider
livestock instead of animals that would exist in their place.

>>because
>>I don't see any good reason to be granting special status to those that
>>have/do/will exist only because of human influence.

> You don't want livestock given consideration, but you do wildlife.

You don't want wildlife given consideration, but you do livestock. YOU
raised the "consideration" argument, and now that it has fallen apart you
are trying to turn it back on those who are demanding that you justify it.