Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pylls, Barry

Default Rubbermaid lids get sticky

Gabby wrote:
> "MoM" > wrote:
>>I would go to Tupperware before tossing them. I was under the impression
>>they are guaranteed for life for anything except misuse.

> I was a consultant for 13 years and I worked for a distributorship for 2 so
> let me assure you that most Tupperware items are guaranteed not to 'chip,
> crack, break or peel' -- some are only guaranteed free from manufacturing
> defects for 3 months. Those are the only things that a consultant can give
> you a replacement for, otherwise the cost comes out of her/his pocket.
>
> Am still not sure whether the OP has Rubbermaid or Tupperware.

I was referring to Rubbermaid. They also guarantee their products for
life (excluding mistreatment, of course). In fact, they were quite
courteous are are willing to replace my 2 containers. I say, wow.

The person also explained that the plastic was a form of polythylene
(LDPE). I confirmed this at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resin_identification_code (the
recycling symbol contains the number 4). The problems with sweating
plastic doesn't seem to be associated with LDPE, at least so far as
I've googled; instead, they are associated polyvinyl chloride.