Posted to alt.food.wine
Chris Sprague

Default A few moderate wine deals

One of the wines that I picked up during their liquidation sale was the
2001 Clos d'Englora AV14, from the Cellars Baronia del Montsant.

It's a blend of Tempranillo, Cabernet Sauvignon, Grenache , Merlot, and
Syrah. I had it at a tasting at the store late this summer, and
remember being floored by it, but at the time I didn't want to buy a
$40 wine on a whim, since oftentimes one good wine following a flight
of merely OK wines can be decieving. Anyway, the memory of this one
didn't fade, and when the sale started up, this wine was one of my
reasons for arriving early: I wanted to get mine before they were all
gone. It's a bit rare, at 225 cases/year worldwide. I picked up two
bottles, for about $32 each.

FWIW, I looked up Parker's rating, and he gave it a very good review,
and 93 points.

So yes, that's the kind of thing that this particular store was good at
finding. Things a bit off the radar, but excellent nonetheless.

- Chris