Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,talk.politics.animals
Glorfindel

Default If I Had $40 Million

dh@. wrote:

<snip>
> From July 1998 through the end of 2003, PETA killed over 10,000 dogs, cats,
> and other "companion animals" -- at its Norfolk, Virginia headquarters. That's
> more than five defenseless animals every day. Not counting the dogs and
> cats PETA spayed and neutered, the group put to death over 85 percent of
> the animals it took in during 2003 alone.

<snip>

To evaluate this data, one would have to know the condition of the
animals involved. All humane groups euthanize animals, or they
turn over the ones who must be euthanized to other groups which do
it for them. Euthanasia is sometimes the most respectful and
humane thing one can do for an animal -- or a human. Since PETA
is often a last resort, I doubt they get many healthy adoptable
animals. They do rescue many, and they do the best they can for
the animals under their care, but sometimes the best they can do is
provide a humane death.

<snip>