Posted to rec.food.equipment
Sugarite

Default Circulon Steel and how to clean it

In article >,
"Vox Humana" > wrote:

> "Remsleep" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
> >
> > "Peter Aitken" > wrote in message
> > news

> >> Is this the Circulon non-stick with the grooved surface? Your method
> >> sounds right on - we also use a soft brush and our 15 year old pans still
> >> look fine.
> >>

> > Is it the line with the SS interior? If so, stick it in the dishwasher and
> > be happy.
> >
> > If it has the non-stick interior, then Peter is correct. We use an OXO
> > brush w/built-in dish soap dispenser. Works great. The problem with just
> > using a sponge is that you'll leave stuff to build up in the grooves.
> >

> If it is 18/10 stainless, you can also use heavy duty oven cleaner on it.
> (I like the Easy Off brand in the yellow can.) Put it in a garbage bag,
> spray, close the bag and let it sit overnight. In the morning, rinse clean.
> Difficult areas can be scrubbed with Bar Keeper's Friend. If it is
> non-stick, then you probably won't be able to restore it to like-new
> condition. Don't use oven cleaner on non-stick or aluminum surfaces.

It's the Stainless Steel outside with the grooved inside. Easy Off
sounds sort of drastic...I'll think about that (ie, convince the SO that
I'm not crazy out of my mind.)

Is what's happening a build-up of crud or a degradation of the grooved
surface?