Posted to rec.food.preserving
John Smith

Default Brine-curing in Tilia Vacuum Containers

Hello all

I've searched around, and can't seem to find a definitive answer on the
subject.

We've just gotten into curing meats, did a pork loin last week that
turned out pretty good, a bit salty, but one day less next time should
fix that.

We have a Tilia foodsaver that we've used for marinating meats and it
works quite well.

I was wondering if it is OK to use the vacuum canisters to help speed up
the curing process, or am I inviting trouble (i.e., low oxygen
environment)? We are wet-curing bacon this time around.

Basically, would using the Tilia substantially increase the chance of
contamination?

Thanks,

Brian